Friday, July 04, 2008

Squash negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones

... this week was challenging and I am not even sure whether I've passed the test. I hope my supervisors don't read the blog, but I did nothing this week, because I am completely out of focus and questioning everything. I have to prepare a presentation, but you know ... when you are not committed anymore to the work you have done, what do you want to present. I would love to present the stuff I am proud of ... but all this is gone with the wind somehow. I don't want to questioning the whole PhD, but if I don't move on now, someone else will start questioning it and the same for the funding. I don't have another choice.

If you could see my thoughts, you probably would have given up on me already. One good thing is, I am aware of the negative self-talk, but currently I don't have the energy to replace it. Leo suggests in his blog, just to swap the words to positive ones ... and I know that works. Sometimes I feel the mind is ready to move on, but the body just doesn't react, like not going out of bed or I am just not starting it.

Yes, I am challenging my body with my thyriod story as well. Maybe it is just the wrong timing, as some of the symptoms are depression, lose of concentration and gaining weight. Yes, I am tempted to go back and take the supplements again. After 3 month I cannot report any positive affect ... I have the feeling that I cannot do my work properly .... :o(

No comments: