Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just get through the low points ...

Motivation is like the tide, it comes and goes. So, one good thing to do is Work during the "high tide". It feels soo miserable, when you can feel it going away. What do you do then?
I am not in the state anymore, that I want to throw away everything I have done so far. I am well aware of that the motivation is coming back. You just have to go through it. Either you find someone to talk to. Or just go back to the books and CD, who brought you where you are now.

View from my balcony
There are not many people I actually can talk to. Or I might have to say it this way, there are not so many people who can actually motivate me again. Especially during low points you better avoid doomsayer. If I cannot reach someone, I just go to bed and prefer to be alone.

I have to say, it is still not easy to be motivated for the final months of my PhD. But the goal is set and I can see the end already, I just have to go through it. It would be much easier with a bit of motivation ... will see ... I keep searching. Might have to create mini goals ... *thinking*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You will make it.. no doubt about it.