Sunday, September 21, 2008

Habit 1: collecting in train & car ... (28 & 29)

... or how do you make notes when you are just riding your bike? Every day I take my bike and do the 25min ride to Uni. Beside that I should pay attention to the traffic, my mind is wandering around catching thoughts here and there. So, how can I keep ideas stuck in my head to put them down on paper as soon as I arrive at Uni? Maybe I should create a mnemonic trick.

When I am in the train going down to Gold Coast, I have of course my agenda/notebook with me. And anything that I read in a magazine goes straight in there. I think driving a car might be the same challenge as riding a bike, except that you can have a notebook on the co-driver seat. And if you are lucky and you are not in a "green wave", you find time to put words down. "Green wave" is a German saying for the settings of traffic lights that you don't need to stop. The traffic lights are synchronized with each other so the main flow of traffic just keeps moving. German Engineering, hihi!

Photo Courtesy by Markus Brosch
So, I am getting close to the end of this 30-days trial change of habit. I have to conclude, that it was not a major change. But I am definitely more aware of the process to keep the mind empty and that's what I will go on doing. Every week will come with more exciting challenges.

No comments: