Monday, September 15, 2008

Habit 1: Collecting during a seminar ... (days 20 to 23)

I have to apologize for my late blog, but I was away over the weekend for a business leadership seminar. Stephane and I spent the weekend at the Hyatt Regency in Coolum. Amazing place. It was worth to go. Although there was the leadership training during the day, we had fun, good food and met amazing people.

The dinner on Friday night gave me already sweaty hands. We did sit at the same table as the CEO of the company Aaron Garrity and his wife. Annie Jesaulenko and her husband Alex joined us as well. And you know what? They are people like you and me ;o)

Yes, we even made some pictures and I will upload them asap I get them from Stephane's camera. I really did enjoy the weekend, although it was quite tiring. And Stephane made it again, he won with his team the team building competition. I still can say that my team did second out of six. The competition was in "Creating sand castles" at the beach. It was fun. I am motivated again and I am now even more sure that we can make it big in this business.

I've mentioned that we had seminars as well. And most seminars are done with a PowerPoint presentation. The challenge here is, how do you make notes from a slide? Do you listen and write or do you read and write? Does the presenter just tell you what is presented on the slide? So, we had several presentations with different presentators, so we had to adapt quickly. I tend to write down words or phrases I like and think are important. Most of the material presented is available as some kind of hard copy anyway, but it was pretty good input. Especially when you hear, they care about their business and business partners.

Photo Courtesy by Markus Brosch
Ok, back home and have to re-focus on my PhD. Got a bit of drawback today, as I have noticed that I cannot save changes to some files in the APID software. Not funny. I will have to do more testing on this, before I actually start with any analysis. I also have to keep in mind to systemize things, in all areas.

No comments: