Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Ultimate Simple Productivity System

I am off for a new challenge, which will keep me writing this blog. I will report here how I am doing with this new adventure. Actually there are several challenges to come. So, what is it about.

A couple of months ago I discovered the very successful blog ZenHabits from Leo Babaula. I love the way he is approaching this project, how he writes and especially about what he is writing - Simplify your life.

Leo did publish an ebook as well, ZenToDone in November 2007, extremely successfully.
"This book was written for those who want to get their lives organized and actually execute the things on their to-do list" - Leo
To achieve this I will have to change some habits. And I will do one at the time. The ebook lists 10 habits that can simplify your life. To adapt to a habit you have to stick to it for at least 30 days monitoring yourself. Here the 10 habits Leo describes in his book:

  1. Collect

  2. Process

  3. Plan

  4. Do

  5. Simple Trusted System

  6. Organize

  7. Review

  8. Simplify

  9. Routine

  10. Find your passion


Possibly not all of these ten habits will work for me. But if I don't try, I will never know. So, let's do it then.

Photo Courtesy by Markus Brosch

Reporting on this blog every second day will help me to commit to it and monitor myself. Sometimes I wonder why I am so stubborn and go through such processes (similar why I have started my PhD). I still see it as a good quality of mine. I want to learn what is best for me, so I have to keep trying and testing new things. I have big goals because I am dreaming big ... and I want freedom so badly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very good post Josefine.
Change your habit one at a time.
And if it can be painful sometimes, you are on the right track.
No pain No gain ;-)

Welcome to our World!