Friday, August 29, 2008

Habit 1: Things will never get lost again ... (day 5 & 6)

We're going to try to have a place for everything coming into our lives, and get into the habit of writing things down immediately, instead of relying on our brains to keep track of it all. Leo - ZTD
A6 ... *thinking* ... I tend to believe it is still too large. I don't have these big pockets on my trousers, although these things are quite trendy right now. But it might be a more male thing anyway. I have cut more spare paper down to the size of A6 and just put a paper clip on top of them to keep them together. Yes, I use it ... but not heavily right now. All the PhD notes have to go into the Lab-book ... rules are rules. It is all about IP - Intellectual property.

One issue I want to focus on these days is to write thoughts down immediately. Especially when I am supposed to work on something else. I tend to do several things at the same time, because things just pop up in my head and a new tab in the browser is opened easily. So, I force myself to write it down and do it afterwards when I have time set up for this project or I have some free time.


Photo Courtesy by Markus Brosch
So I will keep dealing with the A6 size paper notebook for another week, then I will decide if I go smaller, like index cards. I am concerned about the size issue when it comes to make notes during a meeting. Of course it depends on the meeting, but I would like to learn to keep it simple. So, today we have our weekly BoutiqueWineries meeting again. Also, I might have a short meeting with Stephane about things coming up in the next weeks. I will give it a try, otherwise I will never know how simple my life can be.

No comments: