Monday, August 18, 2008

Teamwork ...

And again I am sitting here in this office in the cutting-edge research institute alone with my project. I have to sit down and come up with the ideas, what will be my next steps. When I have troubles with something, I have to find the way out of it. Because at the end of this PhD you sign a paper, that this work was done by only your brain.

Robert Kiyosaki, Rich DadJust yesterday I read in Robert Kiyosaki’s “Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing ….” It is all about teamwork. When you want to have a successful bussiness, you better focus first on the right team around you, might it be laywers, attourneys or investors. You just can’t do everything by yourself. And do you really want people working for you, who are not interested in the success of the business, who don’t understand the mission of your business? That’s, why I say, go for the right team.

As Robert said, it is shocking what we actually get trained at school. Getting help from someone else means you have been cheating and you are out of the “game”. What a wrong approach is that?

I have to say, it was not easy for me to learn to work in a team, to accept other opinions and to actually get critisized. But everytime, our result of a teamwork project was amazing. No one could have done this by him/herself.

Photo courtesy by Markus Brosch
Coming back to my PhD project. What is my next step? I am stuck here again. The administrators for LINUX OS are a big joke here. The worst thing is, I don’t have admin rights on my machine. And does anyone out there ever seen a working HelpDesk, hehe? I will go back to my papers here and I will create my own virtual team around me, who will help me through my last months of this PhD.

No comments: