Friday, June 20, 2008

If you should put even a little on a little and should do this often, soon this would become big - Hesiod

Quite nerdy again: Yesterday I finally figured out how to do regular Expression in Cold Fusion. It is still not perfect, but a beginning. I just wanted to remove all the spaces from a text, to put all together in one line. I think in perl it would look like this: s/\s\s+/ /g ... in coldfusion I am using the POSIX standard: REReplace("test word","[[:space:]][[:space:]]+"," ","ALL") I find it quite interesting, there is soo much to learn about this ... it can be useful one day. I just improved a data feed file for clixGalore. Taking out some text from SQL into a normal text file will still display the tab, newline and carriage return, but I needed the whole text in one line. I still saw some issues at the end, but not as many as before. Will have to play with it a bit longer ... ;o)

With Boutique Wineries we make little progress. We have to realize that we deal with small family owned businesses. In some of them there are only 2 people working in this business. The ability (or the will) to use the internet for business purpose is not as distinct as we might expect. So, my question is now, can we train them? Would you bother doing a kind of training for a business, that brings you one sale in a whole year? ... Let's keep an eye on it. I still believe in Boutique Wineries.

Stephane and I have other projects in mind. The problem is more to maintain and improve the current projects. That's where the Mechanic is there for. So, will have to review these currently ongoing projects and come up with ideas about automatization and systemizing. We will rock it! :o)

Have an incredible day!

No comments: