Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hold yourself back

Yes, that is one of Leo's tips ... hold back. During the last months, after seminars or I read books, I got sooooo excited. I bought magazines, I subscribed to newsletters ... just to keep get more and more information. I wanted to know everything at once ... and then ... mostly I crashed somehow ... because I didn't get the immediate result. Is it stock market, property investment or something else. Now I am aware of, that these are big goals and for this you have to be patient, which is one of the skills I am trying to develop ... *smirk*

Photo courtesy by Markus Brosch

To reach this goal, you better use the excitement of the beginning to structure your learning about it, or whatever you want to accomplish. If you want to lose wait, of course your plan will look quite differently. And plan carefully ... I like to use the term "babysteps" ... that's how all starts. You won't see much progress at the beginning and it can be quite frustrating.

I write this kind of blogs also to remind myself how I should do things ... words like this just help me to "come back" on track
If you can get yourself excited again, and keep going, you'll get there eventually. But if you give up, you won't. It's your choice - accomplish the goal, or quit. (Leo Babauta)

No comments: