Friday, October 31, 2008

That was easy to say for my supervisor, to get some gene expression data from another group and then we visualize them in Cytoscape. Sounds easy and is easy, but ... my protein-protein network I have worked on so far is a human one. The gene expression data of interest are done in mouse, hehe.

Ok, I've decided to get the homologues between the two organisms from Homologene and just create the same network just for mouse. We have to be precise with this one. Although mouse and human have 80% of their genome in common ... I still prefer to get things right here. All this means I will have to do a lot of mapping again. Will see, if there are enough PPI data for mouse out there, otherwise we really have to assume high similarity between human and mouse. Will see what APID will spit out ;o)

I am also happy that I have finally fixed the XML issue we had on our download page of LOCATE. The XML schema is still not perfect, but at least there shouldn't be any issue anymore in the XML for mouse and human. I really took the time to go through the schema and tried to understand it. I think I got it. At least I understood so much, that I could fix something.

So, you can see I did some work for my PhD. Nice way to report it *whew*.
Bavaria
Photo Courtesy by Markus Brosch
As I am running several projects at the same time, I will hopefully get a quiet minute over the weekend to get things structured. I cannot jump from one project to the other. It is not good for the project itself, neither for me. Yesterday I got a bit knock down with plenty of headache. Drinking of 1.5L of water was not enough. I had to take some painkillers. And people who know me, know how much I hate that. Anyway, feeling better today with a clear mind after an evening without screen in front of me.

MyJuicer has reached another level, after we have put the sales letter online. We really have to get the keywords right. There is no point to get visitors from the US as we only supply Australia. BoutiqueWineries needs a bit of a kick as well. I think we all have to learn from outsourcing some projects. As soon as they overlap, it delays the progress. And we want to have the new website online as soon as possible. Fingers crossed. My project to find a new hosting service for InformationProfessionals is a bit struggling. This paper work is quite painful. Let's get this structured with nice procedures ... and all will be good.

No comments: