Thursday, October 02, 2008

Passive income stream and network marketing


What the issue with network marketing? I have the feeling being an Independent Distributor is more a kept secret than a real business. On the other side, in the US (especially Utah) everyone does it and it is widely accepted. Every MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) company has a different strategy, but the main business idea is quite similar.

As an Independent Distributor you have your own business ... wow. That rocks! You can decide when you work on/in your business. No boss telling you when you can have your lunch ... awesome! You earn according the effort you put into the business (at least at the beginning). Later your downline will work for you. Sounds unfair? The downline wouldn't be there if you haven't done the work before. So, fair enough. In a real job the income stops when you stop ... think about it ;o)

As an Independent Business Owner you have in most countries tax advantages. People are so scared of tax or they just use it the wrong way. I haven't done much research in this topic yet, but the more I become a business woman, I might have to.

MLM companies exist for a wide range of products. Yes, you can see the Mama of all MLM companies and you can see all the new Web2.0 based MLMs. We will see which one will adapt quicker to the demand in the market. If you don't adapt your products, you will just miss it.

Why has the MLM strategy such a bad reputation? Or do I just listen to the wrong people? Where are the people open enough to accept this huge opportunity?

French Monopoly


Just today I read a Blog from Tim Ferris (yes the guy with the 4-hours-week). It reminded me of last weekend, where Stephane and I played Monopoly. The last time I have played this game it was in the early 90s. Anyway, the bigger challenge was ... it is in french :o) Yes, and I still don't speak french. The blog was a good reminder that I have my french-learning software somewhere here, possibly quite dusty already. Stephane and I communicate in english. Let's say Australian english, right buddy? :D But sometime I would prefer to speak just another language again, for fun. And maybe just to feel different again. ... Back to the Monoploy game. I thought I had no chance. Stephane could have told me anything, I would have done it. Did I have another choice? But I won! Yes, I've won a french Monopoly. I will now go to Paris and buy a property on the Champs- Élysées.

Photo Courtesy by Markus Brosch

PhD update

I am still having my fingers crossed regarding the collaboration with the German research group. Meeting with my boss is next Tuesday. This gives me more time to play with the different applications. I might have found another one .. VistaClara. It has this nice bar graphs for each node to display different gene/protein expression levels. Also it looks like that the mapping feature from UniProt is working again. Would be great to go around this issue ... pretty annoying. Anyway, I am a bit more up regarding my PhD ... let's keep it this way.


Visit me also in Facebook.

No comments: