Friday, October 28, 2005

So, after three weeks I have to move already to another office. Lynn, my supervisor, is coming back on monday. I was using her desk so far and now I have to vacate the place. I had quite a lot of fun in the office with Mhairi and Ken. I will go now to my actually group members, Shane, Kelly and Melissa. It is a bit colder over there. As you can see, I was wearing socks already here.
What did I do so far? This week I was more or less the guinea pig for the high-throughput tools of Melissa and Shane. We had some problems with the machines. No wonder, if we need 20GB memory. But at the end we made it! Now I have a lot of data to put in the database. Next week I think I will go for more data hunting. We need more links to other databases and information about alternative splicing. So far we have the data of domain architecture from Pfam and SCOP and the membrane organisation of 39.299 human proteins.

Ok, my weekend is fully booked again! Tomorrow a (hopefully) nice trip to Redcliffe with Matte. And on sunday skating with Mhairi! Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fina,

WHAT are you doing with 20GB Memory - I guess you mean RAM, not HDD space :) Could you get a bit into detail about your memory dinosaur!

For the alternative splicing stuff: call me on skype!

CU and cheers, Markus