Saturday, October 22, 2005

Lone Pine

My office mates invited me to a trip to Lone Pine in the south of Brisbane. What a nice day! 30 degrees, sun and fun. Maybe I should first introduce you to my current office mates.

That are Mairhi and Ken. Mairhi actually worked at the Sanger centre in Cambridge (UK) before she moved with her boyfriend to Aussieland. What a small world!
We arrived at Lone Pine quite early (9am == too early). But it was a good time to avoid all the tourists. The first animals we woke up were little Emu chicks. Quite cute, but already able to steal rings and glasses!

After this we found sleepy but hungry kangaroos.The are soooo sweet! Here some impressions:



This knew exactly where to find the food, in the bag!

Here they are, the most cute animals on earth: Koalas! Not soo exciting, to be honest!


I liked the Wombats. They are lazy as well, but they enjoy life!

Before we left Lone Pine I found this information, so everone should know now where to find me!

After this we hadn't enough. We went on to the Botanical Garden, which is not big but nice:


Now at last we went for food and found a great Indian restaurant. Of course I went for hot food. It was soo delicious. On South Bank later we had ice cream and beer. I felt sick. Not only because of all this food. I catched a sunstroke and heavy headache. So I went home and slept for more than 12 hours. I was ready for the next adventure!
P.S. The first impression of christmas in Down Under:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the kangaroo's head in your fooooooood bag :)

Have fun! Markus