Monday, August 17, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Yes, I made the big move to see a movie last Saturday. I am open minded, so I obeyed and we went to G.I. Joe. Maybe I should mention we had yummy chocolate before, just have a quick look at the below image and you know what I mean.


Back to the movie. My overall opinion: it is a good movie. The highlights for me are the pictures and the design - awesome quality. When Duke and Ripcord follow the car in their fancy suits, that's reminded me of "Transformers". Might be the same technique behind it, but somehow cooool.


The story itself is a bit flat ... almost fairytale like. Still, the US has now a "new" president, kind of open end ... what now? Nothing against an happy end, but was it necessary that Duke and Ana get together at the end again? Almost too girly ...

One thing that made me really angry is the violence in the movie. Don't get me wrong, it is ok for adults. However, before the movie, I saw families coming into the cinema with kids, not older than 10 and even younger. HELLO? It was quite heavy violence in the movie. This is a movie based on a cartoon that's sole purpose was to sell a set of toys to 5-12 year old boys. The movie turned out to be strong sequences of action violence and mayhem throughout. What kind of parents are this? You don't let a kid watching something like this, at least I wouldn't do it.

The age limit in Germany is set to 16 y.o. where here in Australia it is 12. Big difference for me. But ... these kids I have seen were much younger. I am soo angry about this ... but what can you do?

Overall good movie! (I don't know the cartoon!)

No comments: