Thursday, December 08, 2005

Friends

Today I noticed that I haven't mentioned my friends yet. All the friends I left behind in good old Europe. What are they doing now without me? Do we keep in touch after the four years together in Freising? I think we're doing pretty good.

We all know that Micha will hardly reply to an email, even a birthday ecard is not worth it. I don't mind. There will be from time to time a friendly message in Skype like "Hallo Finchen!" Then I know he is still alive and happy. He is currently doing his Master Thesis at the EBI in Cambridge.

There is Bene, still looking for something to do after his Diploma. He is switching between something social, mathematical, statistical or whatever. I just hope he will find something he really can enjoy, because that is the most important thing!! He is the only one who is allowed to call me "Olle Zicke" That always puts a smile in my face. He is now in Cambridge as well (as almost everyone :) ). I cross the fingers for him, that his project will succeed.

Markus. You don't know Markus? You really miss something then. Just today, we discussed about espresso and the procedure to make a real good one. That is first class science, I tell you. Next to espresso science he is just doing the PhD at the Sanger Institute in Molecular Biology. I really wish you all the best for the next four years. I think you are really doing well, at least the first two months!!

The connection to Munich will be Georg. Georg is just cute! Congrats for the PhD!! Of course he is in Cambridge right now and misses his Munich so much. We share at least one thing and that is the interest in Football. The World Cup next year goes to GERMANY!!! Go for it!!!

I am not sure if I should mention Flo. He actually wants to be where I am now, namely in the sun. And he is in bloody cold Cambridge!!! Sorry, I really don't want to swap. See you next year here at the beach!! ;)

Ok, Henning was already complaining that I haven't written anything about him yet. Yep, Henning. We met the first time in Cambridge at the EBI. Then almost no word for two years. Now with a distance of more than 16.000km we chat everyday! What happened? I would call it metamorphosis of mine. Some of you know my "evolution" through the last four years, all the up and downs. After all this I finally noticed that he is a real nice guy and worth to have as a good friend. Ok, Henning, we have definitely to meet in Germany again for a real *liebdrück* ;) !!

Freddie is just cool! We were almost enganged, but his "mum" didn't allow us to do so. We play the browser game -New-Crusader- and there we are a couple, fighting in different clans!! Is real good fun. Freddie has planned his future in Ireland already. I wish you all the best!!! And I want a postcard!!!


will be continued with ...
Fritjof, Dominik, Stephane, Guillermo, Rod, Matte, Katja, Maja, Yvonne etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Finchen,

The fact I don't answer to my birthday mails, is just simple because I don't like my birthday. Anyway, all the best and a good new year .. :-)

micha

Anonymous said...

Hi FinA (!)

Thanks for the flowers *ggg*

I wish you good luck with your applications and CU laters on Skype *ggg*

Cheers and bye bye,
Markus