Sunday, December 06, 2009

MITs for Sunday done

Very efficient Sunday. I actually spend almost 4 hours on my thesis chapter. After I've learned that I 'germanize' the English, I started to doubt about my english skills. Anyway, no time to start some self-doubts. Things have to be done, espacially when you don't like them. Step by step. I reached the state that I will print this chapter tomorrow and do some offline reading. Maybe I'll find a victim who can proofread it for me.


The rest of the day I spent with some daily stuff I do, but also did some work on a website. Although I thought I am not such a design guru, I spend most of the time with Gimp ... amazing tool. (open source version of Photoshop) I guess Photoshop has similar features and power, but currently I am much quicker on Gimp, especially with a Mac ;o)

Working with websites you can't ignore css - cascading style sheets. I don't think I work with them in the most efficient way, but so far not too bad. I love the Add-on in Firefox, called Firebug (surprise, surprise). It allows you to see immediately the changes when you tweek on your css file. Yes, on live websites as well. That includes a big learning curve ... loving it.

The website I am working on is not online yet, so no link, sorry. However, exciting projects ahead and they won't have to do all with websites.

No comments: