Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Meeting like minded people - Fusioneon


Photo courtesy by Markus Brosch 
What a day again! Half of the day I spent at Uni to work on my introduction chapter for the thesis. It is not the most fun, but it has to be done. I already got very helpful feedback .. actually all 26 pages have at least one comment or mark on them ;) Thanks Andrea! So I think I am on a pretty good trip right now. I see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope it is not only a train :D

It was also a day where I had to remind myself that it is not worth it to compare yourself with others. I tend to do this quite often and it is not really helpful if you want to achieve something and you actually want to enjoy the journey and the result. We are all on our own journey in life and you can't compare apples with pears ... completely different history.

I spent lunch time with a group of women. I am not that social, but I am getting there. Thanks to Cat Matson, who organised that, there is now a group of around 15 business women having an awesome time. The fusion event is a lot of fun and good food. I am always impressed about all the different business ideas coming up. The passion that some people have is amazing. When they talk about their business their eyes are sparkling. They love what they do! That is so important for me as well. This is also one goal for me ... to be excited to get up every morning and do the whole day what you love. That sounds like paradise to me.

So yes, I met really interesting people and I am looking forward to create really good working relationships. It is all quite a steep learning curve for me ... but I am enjoy it.

No comments: