Friday, December 18, 2009

How to become more social?

In the view of Karl Marx human beings are intrinsically, necessarily and by definition social beings who - beyond being "gregarious creatures" - cannot survive and meet their needs other than through social co-operation and association. (taken from wikipedia)

Interesting. Would Mark Zuckerberg (founder of facebook)  agree do that statement? I don't know.

Personally I am not a person who is looking for the crowd of people. I am happy on my own or maybe up to 4-5 people. But that's it. Communication happens on several levels and with the internet the opportunities grow almost monthly. Face to face talk is not my strength and I am working on it. However, I don't hesitate to post or tweet my current status to thousands of people or to publish my profile. Does that mean now I am getting more social?


Photo Courtesy by Markus Brosch
Phrases containing the word 'social' are becoming buzz phrases.
Let's take social entrepreneur. My understanding of it is not more business talk. It is more giving back to community.
A social entrepreneur is someone who recognizes a social problem and uses entrepreneurial principles to organize, create, and manage a venture to make social change. - wikipedia
 So, what does social marketing means then? It is also known as social media marketing which then makes already more sense.
... a term that describes use of social networks, online communities, blogs, wikis or any other online collaborative media for marketing, sales, public relations and customer service. - wikipedia
Let's be a social entrepreneur and do more social media marketing. When we can make a social change by using facebook, twitter and blog ... nothing can stop us. Look at the number. Just use it wisely and in a smart way.

I achieved my goal for 2009 ... I am not antisocial anymore ... I have almost 2000 friends in facebook :o)

No comments: