Sunday, January 01, 2006

Xmas and New Years Eve

Santa Claus, sunlotion, fireworks, 35 °C in the shade, palm trees, punch, seafood, Dinner for One, beach
How is all this connected? Yep, right, this was my last week in Aussie-land of the year 2005. My first Xmas and New Year Eve ca. 16.000 km far away from home.

On Christmas Eve Rob, Lynn and me went out for drinks with Tim Bailey and his wife. The place was a bit noisy but I liked the decoration and the food. I enjoyed the evening.

Maybe I should mention that the night before was a bit short. I went to Stéphane's place to say goodbye, before he starts his business trip. I felt asleep on a desk in his office. No wonder, it was between 1am and 3am. Stéphane!! Don't forget the postcard from Papeete and Auckland!! Nevermind about the postcard from Noumea, I hope I will see it this year in real!! ;) Take care!
(That I always zone out so easily!! *g*)

Back to Brisbane!! After the drinks I overnight at Mhairi & Rob's place. Their guestroom is already called 'Josefine's room'. The next morning we put a lot of stuff in the rent car and went 2 hours north of Brisbane to Noosa to spend the day at the beach. It was hot, windy and great. We had lunch at the beach. The sea was really refreshing.

The Pacific and me

Rob and his biggest fans! :)
In the evening we had nice dinner with great seafood and some drinks.

Queens of the night

Kings of the darkness
New Years Eve (german: Silverster!!!). Now it was my task to bring over some german traditions. First the most impossible thing: 'Dinner for one' the british comedy, but completely unknown in english speaking countries. This has to change. My mission !!! All four native english speaking friends laughed about it and Rob got a copy of it!! So, it is in british (more clearer: in english) hands now!! Let's wait and see what will happen!!


Then I created an english punch. Mmmh, delicious!! One bottle of red whine, half a litre of Rum, lots of sugar and lemon juice!! Almost perfect. I think you can really enjoy it only when u turn down the aircon to at least 10°C. :)

Lynn and Mhairi
Lynn and me. I look like a french Sans-culottes.

After this we went to South Bank. There was a lot of entertainment. Here some impressions from the fireworks.







2006 - How will this year be? Any resolutions? I have my ideas for the next months, and I just can hope and do my best, that they will come true! The first step is done. The next one is up to me alone. I will give my best.

Anyway, I will let you up-to-date, so you can see how things are going in my life. Any comments are welcome, as long as they are not anonymous.

Take care and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year from america

Anonymous said...

Hi Fina!

Happy new year from Cambridge, UK :)
All the best for 2006 !!!

Amazing to see you at the BEACH with a bikini a new year's eve *ARGHHH* HERE it is cold !!!

Cheers, Markus