Saturday, October 02, 2010

What keeps you going?

Up and down .... very up .... very down
This describes very much my motivation level for the last months. What is it that shoots my mood up to the sky and what are things that bring me down.
Ups:
  • Goal Setting
  • New opportunities
  • great conversations 
  • having great people around me
  • praise
  • acknowledgement
  • a good book/article/blog post
  • a good workout
  • unfortunately ice cream doesn't work for me *sniff*
Downs:
  • Comparison with other people (who are already where I want to be)
  • objections (when I take them as rejections)
  • tiredness
  • critique
 Can you be always up? Maybe, but I am sure most people have some down time.What matters then is, that you find the way out of it as soon as possible. Find a trigger reminding you to change your mind set. Nothing will happen when you keep whinging and getting more depressed. And this will be reflected in your environment, be it friends, parents or partner and children. And you even will find something negative on the most beautiful sunrise in the morning.


My mood can change very quickly. One word or a comments is sometimes enough, and I am on my way down. Maybe I take things too personal most of the time. I find this very annoying. At the end it is up to me to change this. No one else is to blame for this. I think one good recipe is to acknowledge the down time and noticing what happened. Then immediately focus on the things that cheer you up, be it your vision board, one chapter in your favourite book and call a friend (the positive thinking one!)

What are things that keep you going? How do you stay away from the dark zone? ;o)

You can't Believe in bHIP until You Believe in Yourself – Terry LaCore

No comments: