Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Each day now the fight about the PhD. No enthusiasm left. But what can I do? It would be quite stupid to stop now. Now that I am using ThinkingRock, I write down every idea I have and do it step by step. That are really baby steps. Rohan, my supervisor, also mentioned 2 weeks ago, I should start writing my third chapter of the thesis. What I have done so far is a MindMap, better than nothing, right?

No one said it will be easy. I don't make it myself even easy with all the other projects I am running next to it. So, what can I do to make it happen?

- I have to keep meeting Rohan on a regular basis.
- I have to ask the right questions.
- Get the notes down on paper and straight into TR.
- Brainstorm the third chapter. Actually start writing it. It will never be perfect anyway.
- Try to concentrate for 20min ... remove any distraction (email, twitter, etc.)
- Just do it.

Regarding the concentration, it could be still the issue coming from my thyroid. The lower dosage of hormone supplements is apparently not enough to have the energy level as an average normal person. But I need this energy to focus and concentrate.

Photo Courtesy by Markus Brosch
Yes, interest and the right persons around me would make it easier as well. I see it right now as a time waster. My interest is somewhere else, same for goals and applied strategies. I see the PhD as a job I have to get done. Then I can follow my dream fulltime, hehe.

No comments: