Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sport is killing me

Hi guys,
after the first pay-day this week I decided as well to join the sport club here at UQ. There is a great offer of any kind of sport such as Rugby, Basketball, Soccer, Tennis (I heard we have more then 20 tennis-courts!), Swimming (heated open pool), Running, Rowing (must be inherited from UK ;) ), Gym, Fitness, Martial Arts and so on. After quitting running I decided to go for Martial Arts, i.e. you will find me three times a week fighting against other KungFu heros. I joined Ben yesterday for my first lesson. I wouldn't call it fun so far. It was more a general training for condition, so push-ups in four different versions, sit-ups with medicine ball and lot of arm work for two hours. The only thing I can move without pain today is my little toe. I have such a muscle ache, but this speeds me up to go on with this. I really need to do something for me and my body. Today I thought I would take it more easy and I could relax my body with some swimming. It worked fine, but after 10 lanes I got a cramp so I had to give up. :) Just too much sport at once. I am really looking forward to my KungFu lesson tomorrow. I think I will enjoy it. Unfortunately the Tai Chi - lessons are at the same time. This would be a nice quiet change. I wouldn't mind joining this as well.

Still no pics to upload, but I decided to take some pics tonight at least from the house, so you can imagine the area I live in. Ok, need to do some work again.

Have a nice weekend and don't forget: Today is Mother Day!!! :)
Take care!

No comments: