Monday, November 14, 2005

After a couple of days I find time now to update the blog, actually more at Henning's urging ;). Nothing really exciting happend. My work makes a good progress. The database get filled. You know, there is always the battle with redundancy. But I will win!
Last Friday I was invited for a BBQ at Mhairi's place. So, I got to know her boyfriend Rob, a real english guy! The third person on this pic is my supervisor, Dr. Lynn Fink. She hates to be called like this!!! :)

We had a nice evening! Especially because I survived a chilli attack from my colleagues. I had to put out the fire in my mouth with cold milk. I felt better after one litre. The beer is of course only decoration!! (german Schöfferhofer!!!)
After a sleep of 4(!) hours I went to Gold Coast to visit Stéphane. Gold Coast is located around 70km south of Brisbane and includes the famous Surfer Paradies!! Stéphane moved excactly to this place. On this pic you can see how touristical this place is. Not really much nature, which is a disadvantage to sunshine coast in the north of Brisbane. This pic was taken from the 25th(!) level of the tower block, where Stéphane lives in. Ähm, sorry, for the rest of the day I had no time and possibility to take pics. :)

At the end just a nice impressions I got in Brisbane. Like at least 3 or 4 times a week we get warning for storm, and this looked like a real one, but it passed by!

No comments: