Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Nerds trying to party :oD

Yep, it is not easy for a nerd, when you have an idea and you would like to work on it, because everything is sooo exciting ... but the New Years Eve party starts soon. What do you do? Have you ever experienced the feeling of being in the flow? Put a hand into a flowing river ... can you feel the river? Of course, the water flows around your hand and you can feel the strength of the river, but no ... that is not being in the flow. Jump into the river and drift. That is being in the flow, to move ahead, closer to you dream. Make sure you know what you want and then ... action. I don't ask you to save the world (although I would like you to do so), just think about all the little things you can do, that bring you closer to you dream.
I started this year (yes, I mean 2008 ;) ) some different kind of diary. It is "The Success Diary". It is a bit clunky, but it gives me a permanent input of motivation and it reminds me daily of my goals I want to achieve. This will be part of my mind shift. Later, I am sure, I will switch to the notebook par excellence - THE MOLESKINE. That is one of my dreams, just making a couple of notes about some ideas .... and everything flows. I know it is possible.
Anyway, back to my previous topic. Yes, Stéphane and me decided to try to be normal this evening and we went like all the other people to the New Years Eve party at South Bank here in Brisbane. It was amazing how often we caught ourselves talking about the MySQL database we want to create and where we get the data from etc. Yep, our thoughts were definitely in front of the computers :D However, we did enjoy some drinks and were on time for the firework along the Brisbane river. It was really a nice firework, not too much, so I didn't start to think about, how much money was just waisted, hihi. Actually, maybe someone should mention, that the Brisbane fireworks is one hour before the Sydney one, so the people from Sydney are definitely not the first ones celebrating the New Year. And we should not forget all the islanders on New Caledonia or on Fiji, which are even two and three hours ahead of Sydney.

I wish you all an amazing Year 2008 ... and damn, live your dreams


Oh man! There is no planet sun or star could hold you, if you but knew what you are - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: