Saturday, April 15, 2006

Back in Oz

Three months Germany are behind me, and three years of Australia are waiting for me. I arrived last Thursday here in Brisbane. The sun is shining, as usual! Am I happy? Yes, I think so, but it is hard to let parents and friends back in Germany. The flight Berlin-Frankfurt-Singapour-Brisbane was surprisingly without any problems. No delay, no toxic air or something like that. So I arrived on time and my boss, Rohan Teasdale, picked me from the airport. I will stay the first days at Mhairi's and Rob's place. I noticed my English knowledge descreased alarming too much. I don't understand any british english word anymore. Why should I actually? I need proper aussie accent now. So, I shouldn't worry about it. ;) NO WORRIES!
I spent the thursday already at the institute. There is a lot of paperwork waiting for me. But then I had a nice shower and slept almost 12 hours. Yesterday I had a really lazy day. I almost feel bad about it. But today I couldn't resist. I need internet so I got up at 6.30am without any problems and went to the office. I know it is Easter and Saturday, but ....

So, I hope to give you some more report the next days and weeks and I think I will find some nice pics again to show you. You take care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fina!
Coooooooool - finally you are "back". Congrats! I can also "feel" your start of enthusiasm again, so keep on doing and have a nice easter!
Cheers, Markus!